AP directs writers not to use the terms "illegal alien, an illegal, illegals or undocumented" anymore, except "in direct quotations." It won't be long before illegal border crossers, illegal visa overstayers, illegal deportation evaders, document fraudsters and illegal alien traffickers are all referred to as "our fellow Americans." Without the quotations....
In response to:
The "evolving" English language. That's where "tax" means "penalty", "racism" means "Affirmative Action", and "flip-flop" means "evolve". Because liberals have such a hard time with truth, they attempt to change the real meanings of words to adapt to their newfound "fake" truth. And while these hypocrites have no problem "dehumanizing" unborn children into "fetuses" and "POCs" (products of conception) in order to justify their murders, leftists have now decided that they just can't have illegal immigrants being called, well, you know, "illegal immigrants". What is really happening is that the minds of liberals that are "evolving" towards "insanity" (original meaning).
File this in the overflowing cabinet labeled: No Wonder the Mainstream Media Is Dying. On Tuesday, the Associated Press announced that it is banishing the phrase "illegal immigrant" from its famous stylebook. The world's largest newsgathering outlet now advises reporters that "illegal" will "only refer to an action, not a person."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago