It is becoming almost pointless to celebrate Independence Day. Why? Because it has always been a celebration of independence from an aggressive, overreaching government which taxed, regulated, and meddled to the point of oppression. What is the point of celebrating our continued independence from Great Britain, when we are now getting that exact same level of oppression from our own government? No liberal genuinely celebrates the 4th of July. Why would they celebrate freedom from big, tyrannical government, and liberation from taxation without representation, when they spend their whole lives working to bring about these very things?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 16 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 19 hours ago