It is becoming almost pointless to celebrate Independence Day. Why? Because it has always been a celebration of independence from an aggressive, overreaching government which taxed, regulated, and meddled to the point of oppression. What is the point of celebrating our continued independence from Great Britain, when we are now getting that exact same level of oppression from our own government? No liberal genuinely celebrates the 4th of July. Why would they celebrate freedom from big, tyrannical government, and liberation from taxation without representation, when they spend their whole lives working to bring about these very things?
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 28 mins ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 3 hours ago