It is becoming almost pointless to celebrate Independence Day. Why? Because it has always been a celebration of independence from an aggressive, overreaching government which taxed, regulated, and meddled to the point of oppression. What is the point of celebrating our continued independence from Great Britain, when we are now getting that exact same level of oppression from our own government? No liberal genuinely celebrates the 4th of July. Why would they celebrate freedom from big, tyrannical government, and liberation from taxation without representation, when they spend their whole lives working to bring about these very things?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago