In response to:
This may seem like a silly comparison, but this article reminds me of the film "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus". In that film, our military personnel are not "the bad guys", but they are afflicted with ineptitude, arrogance, and mutiny. Obviously, there's not much of a plot if the military destroys the monsters immediately. But in this film, while the Japanese military is equally unsuccessful at stopping the monsters, they can at least hit their target. The American ships and submarines can't even do that. In the end, the smart, anti-military protagonists come up with the adultery-inspired idea of using mating scents to lure the two large beasts to the same location, where they can then proceed to destroy each other. Thank goodness solving this problem didn't depend on our hapless military. In reality, our highly competent military is what keeps us free. Free even to make movies which portray that same military as a bunch of fumbling, bumbling dimwits.
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 16 mins ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 57 mins ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago