In response to:
This may seem like a silly comparison, but this article reminds me of the film "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus". In that film, our military personnel are not "the bad guys", but they are afflicted with ineptitude, arrogance, and mutiny. Obviously, there's not much of a plot if the military destroys the monsters immediately. But in this film, while the Japanese military is equally unsuccessful at stopping the monsters, they can at least hit their target. The American ships and submarines can't even do that. In the end, the smart, anti-military protagonists come up with the adultery-inspired idea of using mating scents to lure the two large beasts to the same location, where they can then proceed to destroy each other. Thank goodness solving this problem didn't depend on our hapless military. In reality, our highly competent military is what keeps us free. Free even to make movies which portray that same military as a bunch of fumbling, bumbling dimwits.
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago