In response to:
This may seem like a silly comparison, but this article reminds me of the film "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus". In that film, our military personnel are not "the bad guys", but they are afflicted with ineptitude, arrogance, and mutiny. Obviously, there's not much of a plot if the military destroys the monsters immediately. But in this film, while the Japanese military is equally unsuccessful at stopping the monsters, they can at least hit their target. The American ships and submarines can't even do that. In the end, the smart, anti-military protagonists come up with the adultery-inspired idea of using mating scents to lure the two large beasts to the same location, where they can then proceed to destroy each other. Thank goodness solving this problem didn't depend on our hapless military. In reality, our highly competent military is what keeps us free. Free even to make movies which portray that same military as a bunch of fumbling, bumbling dimwits.
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 4 hours ago