It baffles me how such supposedly learned men as the Popes continue to push for socialism, when even a cursory study of recent history reveals that previous attempts to do the same have resulted in starvation, stagnation, and hopelessness for tens of millions. Free market capitalism, the Pope's so-called "trickle down theory", has lifted more people out of poverty and given more people hope than all socialistic schemes put together. If socialism is allowed to proceed far enough, a subdued, underachieving, miserable population is actually a best-case scenario. The twentieth century has shown us how much worse than that it can get. I am a Catholic, but I cannot get behind the Church on many of these issues, because the Church's leaders tend to be so pigheadedly wrong about them. They're still on the right side of the fence on abortion, gay so-called marriage, and euthanasia. But on big-government socialism, welfare, and amnesty, the Church is way too far to the left, which is probably why so many Catholics violated their consciences to vote (twice) for one of history's biggest abortion champions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago