It baffles me how such supposedly learned men as the Popes continue to push for socialism, when even a cursory study of recent history reveals that previous attempts to do the same have resulted in starvation, stagnation, and hopelessness for tens of millions. Free market capitalism, the Pope's so-called "trickle down theory", has lifted more people out of poverty and given more people hope than all socialistic schemes put together. If socialism is allowed to proceed far enough, a subdued, underachieving, miserable population is actually a best-case scenario. The twentieth century has shown us how much worse than that it can get. I am a Catholic, but I cannot get behind the Church on many of these issues, because the Church's leaders tend to be so pigheadedly wrong about them. They're still on the right side of the fence on abortion, gay so-called marriage, and euthanasia. But on big-government socialism, welfare, and amnesty, the Church is way too far to the left, which is probably why so many Catholics violated their consciences to vote (twice) for one of history's biggest abortion champions.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago