Governor Romney gave his new running mate a very warm introduction this morning, detailing elements of Ryan's middle class, Catholic, Midwestern biography and praising the 42-year-old's serious solutions for fixing America's entrenched problems. Anticipating mendacious Left-wing attacks on Paul Ryan's bipartisan Medicare reform for future seniors, Romney emphasized that President Obama has slashed more than half-a-trillion from the program (to fund a new and unpopular entitlement program), and that the Republican plan is geared toward saving and preserving Medicare and Social Security. Expect to hear this theme a lot. Ryan echoed it during his speech, telling the audience that...
"If smart, competent, and articulate guys like Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan can't sell fiscal sanity in times like these, we may be doomed anyway." This is a good point. A generation ago, Romney/Ryan would trounce Obama/Biden in a fair election in America. Now, it's a different landscape. Now, there are many more voters who desire big government, and its kickbacks and handouts. There are also perhaps fewer who believe in limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty. That is why this election is so close. Perhaps we are no longer the majority, in which case America, as Benson says, is doomed. But, I'm cautiously optimistic that America will vote to save the republic in November.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago