Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
So you know more than Grover Norquist and other wise conservatives who voted for the far-from -perfect bill? I, for one, breathed a sign of relief at making the "Bush tax cuts" permanent. If we would have gone off the cliff, taxes wouild have gone up on everybody..Now, at least Congress can get taxes off the table and concentrate on cutting spending. Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good, to coin a phrase. If the Republican leadership and Congressional majority fall down now, I'll join your tirade.
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 11 hours ago