Thanks so much for a rational article -- finally. I was getting tired of sounding like a voice shouting in the forest. Bush, Gingrich, and Rubio have it right. We need a path to citizenship for those who came here many years ago under our government's blessings. Simply -- don't give them a vote or grant citizenship until they follow a prescribed path, go to the back of the line, etc. This is not amnesty. Look up the term in the dictionary. Duh. If the irrational loud voices continue, we will lose a naturally conservative constituent of LEGAL Hispanics. We can make a good start on a constructive path by making English the official language.
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago