It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
Blacks voted for Obama because he was the better man for the job in their opinion. It didn't hurt that Obama was also black and a Democrat. Romney might have done better had he even made a small attempt to reach blacks and hispanics.
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 58 mins ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago