Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
The show was well worth watching, and Hannity asked the audience to come back again to continue the discussion. People of all races, but especially blacks, should be listening to and talking about Elder, Sowell, Williams, Parker, and other fine individuals who tell it like it REALLY is. The biggest problem is that the Repubs don't seem to have a clue about making sure the message is spread.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 58 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago