Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
The show was well worth watching, and Hannity asked the audience to come back again to continue the discussion. People of all races, but especially blacks, should be listening to and talking about Elder, Sowell, Williams, Parker, and other fine individuals who tell it like it REALLY is. The biggest problem is that the Repubs don't seem to have a clue about making sure the message is spread.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago