Is Barack Obama the Vladimir Lenin of American Presidents? No, Lenin was competent in an evil sort of way. Obama is more like Leonid Brezhnev: an ultra left-wing, belligerent doofus who isn't laughed at by the general population primarily because the mainstream media liberals say nice things about him out of fear that they'll end up in a gulag if they're too harsh. Of course, we don't have gulags, but reporters who criticize Obama would be snubbed by their peers at cocktail parties in Manhattan and Old Town, which seems almost as bad to liberals. This is how a narcissist who...
I think the easiest answer is that 52% of this country's voters have joined a cult, and they are too darn lazy to bother to think about what that actually means. So they follow O and his minions without question. The best example of this is my sister. We rarely visit, but she came here last June. We were having a simple discussion about her upcoming retirement. I said that I hoped she'd saved and planned carefully because SS money isn't kept in any lockbox. I explained that the gov't just spends whatever money it collects and writes IOUs. She got a glazed look in her eyes and a nasty look on her face and told me I was wrong. The gov't would take care of her. Kool aid is a drug, and the cult has been drinking it in large quantities.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago