Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
You mention Syria ... Obama is conflicted ... He wants to see Assad be overthrown by his alQueda and Muslim Brotherhood allies, but he can't help himself but to admire Assad's brutal dictatorial tactics. Obama can hardly wait to employ them here on us ... All that's standing in his way is that he hasn't been able to disarm us yet.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 5 hours ago