Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
The problem is (at least partly) that lawmakers feel a need to make laws. And, they suffer from the delusion that criminals and madmen will obey said laws. We would be far better off if Congress would recess for the remainder of their 2 year tem and do nothing ... Leave us the hell alone! Stop trying to micromanage and regulate every aspect of our lives. Why do they think they can run our lives better than we can? Are they really so arrogant as to believe that they, and they alone, have the wisdom to make every decision for us? Unfortunately, apparently so ... But they are WRONG, both in terms of correctness and morally.
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago