Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
The problem is (at least partly) that lawmakers feel a need to make laws. And, they suffer from the delusion that criminals and madmen will obey said laws. We would be far better off if Congress would recess for the remainder of their 2 year tem and do nothing ... Leave us the hell alone! Stop trying to micromanage and regulate every aspect of our lives. Why do they think they can run our lives better than we can? Are they really so arrogant as to believe that they, and they alone, have the wisdom to make every decision for us? Unfortunately, apparently so ... But they are WRONG, both in terms of correctness and morally.
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 23 mins ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago