It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Actually ... It'd probably be best that most resign in disgrace; forfeit all their monies; move to Detroit, and try their luck as gas station attendants. Might be an eye opener to the results of their votes.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 43 mins ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago