It’s a well-established fact that members of Congress more often than not leave Washington far richer than when they arrived. (Just look at how Harry Reid made his money, for example). But at a time of such high unemployment and trillion dollar-plus deficits, should members of Congress really be making $174,000 a year? Perhaps they should. But while this never-ending debate rages on, it’s comforting to know that at least some Congressional lawmakers (mostly Republicans, it seems) recognize the glaring disconnect between Washington’s rich and famous and the average working American. And, to their credit, they are trying to...
Actually ... It'd probably be best that most resign in disgrace; forfeit all their monies; move to Detroit, and try their luck as gas station attendants. Might be an eye opener to the results of their votes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 12 hours ago