The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. _____________________________________________________________ I suggested putting one armed/unarmed volunteer citizen patrol in front of each elementary school with a flashing beacon on their car. And yes, they would be "sitting ducks" to give Schools extra time to lock-down and dial 911. That is: a shooter looking to kill children will likely want to take out the "sitting ducks" who might thwart his efforts. There are plenty of folks willing to risk/expend their lives to save 6 year olds. And no training is needed.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago