Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
I look forward to Mr. Ransom's columns ... Content-rich; positively variable .... thus, interesting and educational. "Neoconservative" is a hard to define term (seems the prefix "Neo" is a warning sign of dishonest Liberal involvement in itself). The only basis of the term indicates some form of an "Aggressive Foreign Policy" (meant to export Western style Democracy to the Mideast/Third World) coupled with a modern Liberal bent of Socialist/Social-justice leaning doctrine. Is there a set "Neoconservative" dogma, doctrine ... whatever?
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago