In response to:
Quite on the contrary, conservatives believe in respecting the legitimate rights of others, those that have come out of the Anglo-Saxon legal tradition, going at least as far back as the Common Law courts of Henry II, like freedom of religion, speech, assembly, the press, and association . . . you know, the ones the Obama Administration violates all the time. Among those rights is not that of being amnestied after law-breaking, or overturning a nation's sovereign right to control its borders or to determine who should be granted residency and citizenship. Being allowed into a foreign country is a privilege granted by the citizens of that country, acting through their government; no one has an intrinsic right to citizenship in another country.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 9 hours ago