Legal immigrants won't do the work either--at least not at rates that farmers consider "reasonable"--if they can collect benefits . . . and they _can_ collect benefits. 57% of Mexican immigrants are collecting welfare payments even as we write these comments. Farmers will keep facilitating illegal immigration, no matter how many illegal aliens are amnestied under whatever scheme is eventually passed by Congress, because only illegals will work for the low wages they wish to pay.
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 18 hours ago