A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
It would sicken the average white person ... To know that 'thousands' of Detroit Union workers are eligible for numerous "Free Stuff" handouts ... just because they live in a particular zip code. Even a Detroiter earning $100,000 per year will receive free school lunches for his children. The "Free Stuff" can include: Furnace repair/replacement, doors/windows/locks, roofs, painting, car repairs. But ... only if you know how to find it :-)
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago