A one-year extension of the employee-side payroll tax cut was passed in December of 2011. It's scheduled to lapse along with the other fiscal cliff policies in 2012. This is a particularly popular tax cut because it goes by and large...
In response to:
"Limited Good" What most Obama voters believe is this: There is a finite amount of dollars. If one person has a lot of dollars, he must have taken them from someone else's pile. Like this: 1. Dollars = Good 2. The number of Dollars in circulation = a particular number (static amount) 3. More Dollars for Romney = Less Dollars for someone else Does everyone understand that mentality (it's hard to comprehend for smart people)?
The coming fiscal cliff's mix of tax hikes and spending cuts are projected to seriously hamper economic growth over the next two years, and Congressional leaders would be wise to negotiate fixes for the problems. One of the more popular potential fixes, however, is only going to hasten the coming entitlement crisis by worsening the finances of Social Security.
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 3 hours ago