In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
The word "socialism" would be have been the most appropriate.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago