In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
The word "socialism" would be have been the most appropriate.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 10 hours ago