Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
There are always going to be "irreconcileable differences," no matter how much one devolves political authority. Even in a union of two people -- also known as "marriage" -- one will get division. That doesn't mean one races to divorce court. Likewise, the fact that there are cultural differences within, as well as between, so-called Red and Blue states doesn't mean we can't work out those differences. The secessionists, Williams included, haven't even remotely made a case for national divorce.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 6 hours ago