Last week, The Washington Post spotlighted a recent interview Chan did with Chinese TV in which he accused America of being "the most corrupt country in the world." The Hong Kong-born Chan also admitted proudly that he is a propagandist for the Communist Chinese government....
I live in Korea, and have gotten thoroughly sick of "Gangnam Style" (Gagnam is a disctict in Seoul). I have also heard that creator Psy has made critical comments about America. Without us, South Korea would not have withstood the North's attack 60 years ago, and Psy would not have the freedom to say these things. In the other Korea, criticizing a major allied nation would get you to a gulag.
Martial arts movie legend Jackie Chan deserves a rhetorical roundhouse kick to the mouth. So does his pal PSY, the Korean rapper whose "Gangnam Style" music video has racked up more than a billion views worldwide. Both men have raked in big bucks from Western fans while trashing the very freedoms and cultures that made them superstars.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 11 hours ago