During the 2012-13 academic year, Oberlin is celebrating homosexuality with an interdisciplinary series of academic courses, events, performances and...
No....Every gay person is different, but there is a social "gay culture" just like there is a "gamer culture" or "prison culture" or "Christian culture."
Liberal arts colleges these days often promote alternative lifestyles with the implementation of Sexuality, Gender and Queer Studies programs in their course catalogues. Instead of the typical English, math or science course, students can now enroll in classes such as “Sexual Justice: Lesbians, Gays and the Law” at DePaul University, or Portland State University’s “Lesbian Literature.” But, this semester Oberlin College is taking education in gay culture to a whole new level by dubbing 2012 the Year of the Queer.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago