Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 11 hours ago