Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
Don't forget thay had to pass it to know what was in it.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago