Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 8 hours ago