A virtuosic and tenacious performance from South Carolina's senior Senator, who happens to be a former military prosecutor. Watch below as he holds Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey's feet to the fire on Benghazi, eliciting several eye-opening admissions: (1) The president only discussed the attack once before its conclusion and never asked for a single status update throughout the seven-hour siege. (2) Aside from the small Tripoli support team, no US assets were deployed during the hours-long attack. (3) Gen. Dempsey was "surprised" that Secretary Clinton was unaware of Amb. Stevens' urgent cable warning about the deteriorating security situation...
In response to:
Hey, you sound like someone who knows what he's talking about dee. And with actual practical experience to boot. Unfortunately, neither you nor anyone with similar experience qualifies to this administration, congress, or the media as an "expert". I am a 22-year AF vet, and, while I don't have infantry experience, I DO know military tactics and planning. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of both the situation and the (lack of) response. Thank you for your service.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 9 hours ago