A virtuosic and tenacious performance from South Carolina's senior Senator, who happens to be a former military prosecutor. Watch below as he holds Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey's feet to the fire on Benghazi, eliciting several eye-opening admissions: (1) The president only discussed the attack once before its conclusion and never asked for a single status update throughout the seven-hour siege. (2) Aside from the small Tripoli support team, no US assets were deployed during the hours-long attack. (3) Gen. Dempsey was "surprised" that Secretary Clinton was unaware of Amb. Stevens' urgent cable warning about the deteriorating security situation...
In response to:
Hey, you sound like someone who knows what he's talking about dee. And with actual practical experience to boot. Unfortunately, neither you nor anyone with similar experience qualifies to this administration, congress, or the media as an "expert". I am a 22-year AF vet, and, while I don't have infantry experience, I DO know military tactics and planning. You are absolutely correct in your assessment of both the situation and the (lack of) response. Thank you for your service.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 7 hours ago