The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
To put it plainly, without the media, he wouldn't have been elected even once. Just a little digging and factual reporting on his background, state voting record, and the inconsistencies of his history would have eliminated probably half of his voter base. It's easy to win elections when virtually every source of information about you is controlled by you. It's actually surprising that McCain and Romney came as close as they did...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago