The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
To put it plainly, without the media, he wouldn't have been elected even once. Just a little digging and factual reporting on his background, state voting record, and the inconsistencies of his history would have eliminated probably half of his voter base. It's easy to win elections when virtually every source of information about you is controlled by you. It's actually surprising that McCain and Romney came as close as they did...
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 40 mins ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago