I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
While I agree with some parts of this article, and disagree with others, I have to note one particular point I find totally in error: "President Obama was re-elected with relative ease because Republicans got absolutely decimated among people of color." This is flat-out wrong. Obama won for one reason, and one reason only - republican voters failed to vote. Period. Both candidates received less voted than were cast in 2008. If Romney had only done AS WELL AS McCain did in 2008 with voter turnout, he would have won. Holding to "conservative principles" is all well and good, but when it puts such an incompetant radical back in office, WITH NO HOLDS BARRED (not facing reelection), the lesser of two evils principle applies.
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 19 minutes ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 3 hours ago