I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
While I agree with some parts of this article, and disagree with others, I have to note one particular point I find totally in error: "President Obama was re-elected with relative ease because Republicans got absolutely decimated among people of color." This is flat-out wrong. Obama won for one reason, and one reason only - republican voters failed to vote. Period. Both candidates received less voted than were cast in 2008. If Romney had only done AS WELL AS McCain did in 2008 with voter turnout, he would have won. Holding to "conservative principles" is all well and good, but when it puts such an incompetant radical back in office, WITH NO HOLDS BARRED (not facing reelection), the lesser of two evils principle applies.
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago