Something inside of me says I should be shocked. But, sadly, I am not. They just don't throw traitors and the like in the pitt anymore, where they belong.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 3:58 PM
All BLS numbers come from the household survey and the business survey. They apply the responses to the population as a whole and calculate the percentages. When the number of people on unemployment benefits are mentioned, that is a separate data set and the BLS does not use that. The number of people who have stopped looking for work comes from the BLS survey. When someone falls of the unemployment rolls they no longer follow them, unless theory household just happens to be one of the survey households.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 3:54 PM
Nice. I guess it was a choice for them between A) Hire the guy, or B) Call security! Lol

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 3:25 PM
They are counted, that is where they get the # of people who have stopped looking. But they do not calculate that number into the official unemployment rate. But, when you add in them and the underemployed, the actual rate is higher.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 3:25 PM

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 4:39 AM

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 4:34 AM
I bet the BLS ask that question in their regular household survey. Compile it like all the other data used for the employment world.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 4:31 AM
Gone are the days of work to eat or go hungry. You either earned money--doing whatever work was available or you toiled all day to grow your food. My parents gave us the gift of morals, values, a real work ethic, if you want something-do it yourself, my Dads favorite was to "stop your belly aching!" You are very right about applying for work. My son said that for minimum wage restaurant jobs he is sent home to apply online. Hard to put your best foot forward in a resume--especially if it never even gets read.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 4:23 AM
I'm thinking that the numbers come from the same survey the BLS uses to determine the unemployment number. It is not drawn from thin air and its always been calculated, it just seems we hear about it more now because the unemployment has not been this high in many years. I'm sure back in the Carter administration they discussed it, ALOT. I was a kid then and we didn't have 24/7 news cycles.

Obama Hypocrisy Index Picks up Steam

CantKeepUp Wrote: Dec 08, 2012 3:54 AM
I am not sure, to be honest. Unless they do it through surveys. I gave up looking for work. I'm a full time student now, at 41.