"They are used to not understanding what people smarter than they are tell them." Yeesh. Rule #1 of criticizing someone else's intelligence on the internet: no typos.
Lockett deserved the guillotine.
I appreciate the satire, but brevity is the soul of wit. Edit out about 75% of this, and I might actually read the whole thing.
If a white male Republican had said what she said, it would be part of late-night monologues for the next 20 years. But, no, of course there is no liberal media bias. Rolling my eyes.

The Mainstream Media’s Pot Paranoia

canine34 Wrote: May 05, 2014 5:38 PM
"Hallucinations". Haha, that's a good one. You probably think stoned people put babies in ovens and tuck turkeys into their cribs. I love being lectured about the effects of THC by people who have never done it in their lives. It's like getting sexual advice from a nun.

The Mainstream Media’s Pot Paranoia

canine34 Wrote: May 05, 2014 5:29 PM
The fact that you even brought the word "addiction" into this discourse is proof that you have no earthly idea what you are talking about. Then again, that's why your against it. I'm 40 years old, and I've never met anyone who insists on keeping marijuana illegal who has actually used it.

The Mainstream Media’s Pot Paranoia

canine34 Wrote: May 05, 2014 5:24 PM
Doesn't alcohol also warp the "rational part of the soul"? Do you believe alcohol should also be prohibited? Are you aware of what happened the last time they tried to do that? Anyway, what I do with my soul is none of your business. Worry about your soul, I'll worry about mine.

The Mainstream Media’s Pot Paranoia

canine34 Wrote: May 05, 2014 5:23 PM
I've been smoking pot habitually for 20+ years, so I'm an expert. While pot is MUCH less dangerous than alcohol, the author of this column need not white-wash pot's negative effects, which do exist. Pot is not harmless (but that doesn't mean it should be illegal. Automobiles are not harmless, either). Pot can lessen motivation and ambition, this is beyond dispute. Now, that may not necessarily be a bad thing in the grand scheme of things. Adolf Hitler was quite motivated and ambitious. For an adult with a stable career and content life, it's not a terrible side-effect. For a 15 year-old high school sophomore, it can be a disastrous side effect. This is why age limits need to be enforced as strictly as possible. Also, while no one has ever overdosed on pot, it can make certain users EXTREMELY paranoid, especially novice users who have little experience with it. Society should also try to prevent this. Just as it's a lesser of two evils for a teenager to drink a beer than to chug grain alcohol. I believe pot should be legal (for adults) because I believe in liberty. But columns such as this, which seems to suggest that pot is harmless, is just as bad and harmful than the Chicken Littles on the other side of the spectrum in the media, who can't get it past their thick skulls that pot is not the same as meth or cocaine.
I'm not even going to bother reading this column. Sterling is not being charged with a crime. He violated NBA league bylaws, and for the good of their collective businesses, the other 29 owners are going to vote to have Sterling removed as an owner. Sterling's 1st amendment rights are not being violated. He is free to scream from the rooftops the same words that were recorded by his mistress. But he knew the bylaws of the NBA when he bought the Clippers. He is now paying the consequences. Defending the opinions of this man, and those of Cliven Bundy, does the conservative movement no favors.

The New Age of Gay Mr. Manners

canine34 Wrote: Apr 30, 2014 10:14 AM
Mr. Manners should include etiquette advice for gays, not just straight people. For instance, "if you are homosexual, do not hit on another male who appears to be straight. Do not proposition another man until he has winked and blown kisses at you. Ignoring this rule is a great way to get your pansy a** kicked".

The New Age of Gay Mr. Manners

canine34 Wrote: Apr 30, 2014 10:08 AM
I'm 39, and I often feel caught between a rock-and-a-hard-place with that "stand when a lady enters the room" thing. I'll be in a meeting at work, and a woman will walk in, so I'll stand up and the other 8 men in the room will look at me like I'm having a stroke. I try to be a gentleman, but some of rules of manners were never taught to a lot of people, so when I try to show proper etiquette lots of people have no idea what I'm doing or why I'm doing it.