exactly most of my generation think it is ridiculous that the repub. party is so focused on supposed family value issues, guess what your idea of family may not be mine...its 2012, get it...abortion, gay marriage, christian blah blah blah... whats funny is i have plenty of friends who are fiscally conserv. but wouldnt touch the rep. party with a ten foot pole for its right wing, govt. stay out of our lives except for abortion, gay rights, etc, etc, you guys have alienated a large part of the major future voting block of this country.
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago