A lot of cultural commentators are confused these days. They believe that people’s views on same sex marriage are solely a reflection of their religious beliefs. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually, some things could be further from the truth – like saying that Al Sharpton has integrity or that Dan Savage has class. But you get the point. The same sex marriage debate is about politics. To call it a religious debate is to miss the point entirely. Your stance on same sex marriage should vary depending on whether you consider yourself to be a conservative, a liberal,...
...we have lots of opinions, but we all agree: Our President didn't change any position about 'rights'. This is all about semantics. The uncertain/miserable segment of the homosexual community will crawl through- broken glass (or write checks) for the straight label. Barack is just another enabler. These people...these folks coveting straight nomenclature can't be placated by this. They're angry at Nature, angry with God and angry at you because you are normal. The temper tantrums won't cease by letting them personalize the straight verbiage. Next week, a new issue will make them angry. Do I blame them?... I'd be angry too. But I won't encourage the self hatred. Obama will have to live with what he's doing.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago