Both Teacher Unions of California APPOSE: Letting Bill Clinton teach a class on government. Permitting the Boy Scouts to meet on school property. Allowing Condi Rice to teach a class on foreign affairs. Letting poor parents in despicable school districts have a small part of what’s spent on their kid… letting the money follow their kid to a safe, successful private school.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago