Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Let's set the record straight; The longest filibuster in our history was by Democrats trying to stop the Civil Rights Act. A few years later, the Democrats nominated a member of a 'Whites Only' Church. Against Gerald Ford, that man...Jimmy Carter carried every Confederate State. The mentor and hero for the next Democrat President (Bill Clinton) was the governor standing in the doorway keeping those black students out of school in Little Rock. Yes, Eisenhower sent in the Airborne top deal with that racist. Yes, Clinton carried the Confederacy too. Now would be a good time for some doofus to tell us about the Nixon 'Southern Strategy'.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 4 hours ago