Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
Great idea Feinstein and Bloomberg. Commoner gentiles must surrender their right to protect families with a gun. Only urban billionaires like you should have this protection. In fact, your families are so important, your kids attended elite private schools like Mitt and Barack enjoyed. Whatever you do... stand with teacher unions against vouchers. Imagine if the schools your children attended were invaded by the unwashed masses. Yep, commoners need to know their place Michael and Diane. They need to realize your families are surrounded by guns all day long because rich people are important. Commoner kids at public schools need to ask shooters to please drop the gun since the cops will arrive in about 4 minutes.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Oh my: Cory Gardner 46, Mark Udall 39 in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Conservative Jeb Hensarling: The GOP agenda next year should include a “vibrant” guest-worker program for low-skilled workers Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago