In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
"path to citizenship"....what a joke. If you believe Mexicans living here want to become Americans...you obviously don't know any of them.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago