Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
bigdog wrote.These so-called "techniques" were and are legally and morally wrong. so is stealing half someone money for the "greater good". Take any more than 10 or 12% of my money is TORTURE
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 38 mins ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 4 hours ago