Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
bigdog wrote.These so-called "techniques" were and are legally and morally wrong. so is stealing half someone money for the "greater good". Take any more than 10 or 12% of my money is TORTURE
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 8 hours ago