Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
bigdog wrote.These so-called "techniques" were and are legally and morally wrong. so is stealing half someone money for the "greater good". Take any more than 10 or 12% of my money is TORTURE
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago