Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
bigdog wrote.These so-called "techniques" were and are legally and morally wrong. so is stealing half someone money for the "greater good". Take any more than 10 or 12% of my money is TORTURE
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 4 hours ago