Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
bigdog wrote.These so-called "techniques" were and are legally and morally wrong. so is stealing half someone money for the "greater good". Take any more than 10 or 12% of my money is TORTURE
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 6 hours ago