But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
when was the last time the cbo was correct about anything.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 4 hours ago