I would just like the free market work people will remember if store owners were gouging them and will not use that store in the future. It works out in the end.
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 25 mins ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 3 hours ago