Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
dont forget 250000 people institutionalized getting shock treatment. But better that then my son shot down by a turd looking to get even with his parents at school
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago