Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
dont forget 250000 people institutionalized getting shock treatment. But better that then my son shot down by a turd looking to get even with his parents at school
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 4 hours ago