Mikey is on marriage number two. Perhaps he can enlighten us with where he went wrong? Don't hold your breath. "Do as I say, don't do as I do" is his mantra.
The growing gap between prosperous and struggling Americans stems more from changes in marital patterns than any policies of Wall Street or Washington. A New York Times report shows that thirty years ago, vast majorities of households at all income levels featured married couples. Today, 88 percent of families in the top third are still headed by married partners, but only 41 percent of households in the bottom third of income. It’s not just that successful people find marital prospects more easily, but also that staying unmarried, particularly with out-of-wedlock kids, makes it harder to escape poverty and produces harsher outcomes...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 11 hours ago