Mikey is on marriage number two. Perhaps he can enlighten us with where he went wrong? Don't hold your breath. "Do as I say, don't do as I do" is his mantra.
The growing gap between prosperous and struggling Americans stems more from changes in marital patterns than any policies of Wall Street or Washington. A New York Times report shows that thirty years ago, vast majorities of households at all income levels featured married couples. Today, 88 percent of families in the top third are still headed by married partners, but only 41 percent of households in the bottom third of income. It’s not just that successful people find marital prospects more easily, but also that staying unmarried, particularly with out-of-wedlock kids, makes it harder to escape poverty and produces harsher outcomes...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago