Mikey is on marriage number two. Perhaps he can enlighten us with where he went wrong? Don't hold your breath. "Do as I say, don't do as I do" is his mantra.
The growing gap between prosperous and struggling Americans stems more from changes in marital patterns than any policies of Wall Street or Washington. A New York Times report shows that thirty years ago, vast majorities of households at all income levels featured married couples. Today, 88 percent of families in the top third are still headed by married partners, but only 41 percent of households in the bottom third of income. It’s not just that successful people find marital prospects more easily, but also that staying unmarried, particularly with out-of-wedlock kids, makes it harder to escape poverty and produces harsher outcomes...
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 15 hours ago