After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
The media is trying to stamp down enthusiasm and republican turnout. It is patently obvious.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 4 hours ago