In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
TALK ABOUT DEM HIPPOCRATIC: DIANE NOT-SO FINESTEIN: HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT IT. DINGY AND SENILE HARRY HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND HAS SAID SO. CHUCKIE SCHUMUKIE SCHUMER HAS OR HAD A HARD TO OBTAIN NYC GUN CARRY PERMIT.
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago