In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
TALK ABOUT DEM HIPPOCRATIC: DIANE NOT-SO FINESTEIN: HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT IT. DINGY AND SENILE HARRY HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND HAS SAID SO. CHUCKIE SCHUMUKIE SCHUMER HAS OR HAD A HARD TO OBTAIN NYC GUN CARRY PERMIT.
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 3 hours ago