In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
TALK ABOUT DEM HIPPOCRATIC: DIANE NOT-SO FINESTEIN: HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT IT. DINGY AND SENILE HARRY HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND HAS SAID SO. CHUCKIE SCHUMUKIE SCHUMER HAS OR HAD A HARD TO OBTAIN NYC GUN CARRY PERMIT.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago