In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
TALK ABOUT DEM HIPPOCRATIC: DIANE NOT-SO FINESTEIN: HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND NEVER LEAVES HOME WITHOUT IT. DINGY AND SENILE HARRY HAS A GUN CARRY PERMIT AND HAS SAID SO. CHUCKIE SCHUMUKIE SCHUMER HAS OR HAD A HARD TO OBTAIN NYC GUN CARRY PERMIT.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago