So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
......or your Obama, for that matter.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 hours ago