So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
......or your Obama, for that matter.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 7 hours ago