So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
IF HE STOPPED THAT FOR 2 DAYS YOU WOULD HAVE A STOCK MARKET CRASH THAT WOULD MAKE 1929 LOOK LIKE A LOVE-FEST.
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago