So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
American Commie. If you don't think that a quote from Ms. Ginsberg constitutes "facts" I suggest you hang it up here on TH............
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago