To kick off the yearlong protest festivities, the Wisconsin Education Association Council led a massive "sickout" of educators and other government school personnel. The coordinated truancy action -- tantamount to an illegal strike -- cost taxpayers an estimated $6 million. Left-wing doctors assisted the campaign by supplying fake medical excuse notes to teachers who ditched...
In response to:
Walker's win in Wisconsin is the most important event in GOP politics since the 2010 landslide. It shows we have not only the momentum but the right policies. The country was war weary after eight years of Bush and his spending (even though much was due to Pelosi/Reid.) The gave "hope & change" a whirl. The cure turned out to be worse than the illness. I have hope again. Real hope that America will not fall off a fiscal cliff following the Democrats pied pipers. Thanks to the hard work of the people of Wisconsin, America won last night. Now let's turn 2012 into a repeat of 2010 and take America back!
They really outdid themselves. In Wisconsin and across the nation, public school employee unions spared no kiddie human shields in their battle against GOP Gov. Scott Walker's budget and pension reforms. Students were the first and last casualties of the ruthless Big Labor war against fiscal discipline.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago