1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
Living in the People Republic of Illinois let me explain a little something as to why conservatives do not back the GOP here. First, the establishment puts up the same tired losers every election cycle. Second, they back the candidates that the same corrupt cowards because they sell out to the highest bidders. So, why should we conservatives back these milquetoast losers we get stuck with? Case in point, three million GOPers stayed home on election day, and did not vote. The first place to start is by changing the way we do primaries. Why let the NE vote for GOP candidates first? How about start the primary voting for GOP candidates in the red states first? I am sure that this way we can get the conservative candidate we want
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 3 hours ago