First, a little bit of background: in 2007, Democrats and President Bush signed what was meant to be a temporary cut in Stafford loan interest rates. Like so many government programs, what was once temporary now threatens to become permanent - and the government has increasingly taken over more and more of the student...
In response to:
Really you stupid f**K? People like you are way out of touch with middle class America and what is going on. All in all, YOU are the type of person that is leading this country to the mud hole that is coming. Student loans have already crippled the economy, housing market and auto industry!! It's ok though as the middle class gets smaller jobs as yours will have to down size. So keep up the good work MR. Editor.
On July 1, interest rates on federally-subsidized Stafford student loans are set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%. Both Republicans and Democrats are set to try to cut a deal to keep interest rates low for college graduates at a cost of $6 billion per year.
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 3 hours ago