First, a little bit of background: in 2007, Democrats and President Bush signed what was meant to be a temporary cut in Stafford loan interest rates. Like so many government programs, what was once temporary now threatens to become permanent - and the government has increasingly taken over more and more of the student...
In response to:
Really you stupid f**K? People like you are way out of touch with middle class America and what is going on. All in all, YOU are the type of person that is leading this country to the mud hole that is coming. Student loans have already crippled the economy, housing market and auto industry!! It's ok though as the middle class gets smaller jobs as yours will have to down size. So keep up the good work MR. Editor.
On July 1, interest rates on federally-subsidized Stafford student loans are set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%. Both Republicans and Democrats are set to try to cut a deal to keep interest rates low for college graduates at a cost of $6 billion per year.
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago