First, a little bit of background: in 2007, Democrats and President Bush signed what was meant to be a temporary cut in Stafford loan interest rates. Like so many government programs, what was once temporary now threatens to become permanent - and the government has increasingly taken over more and more of the student...
In response to:
Really you stupid f**K? People like you are way out of touch with middle class America and what is going on. All in all, YOU are the type of person that is leading this country to the mud hole that is coming. Student loans have already crippled the economy, housing market and auto industry!! It's ok though as the middle class gets smaller jobs as yours will have to down size. So keep up the good work MR. Editor.
On July 1, interest rates on federally-subsidized Stafford student loans are set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%. Both Republicans and Democrats are set to try to cut a deal to keep interest rates low for college graduates at a cost of $6 billion per year.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago