First, a little bit of background: in 2007, Democrats and President Bush signed what was meant to be a temporary cut in Stafford loan interest rates. Like so many government programs, what was once temporary now threatens to become permanent - and the government has increasingly taken over more and more of the student...
In response to:
Really you stupid f**K? People like you are way out of touch with middle class America and what is going on. All in all, YOU are the type of person that is leading this country to the mud hole that is coming. Student loans have already crippled the economy, housing market and auto industry!! It's ok though as the middle class gets smaller jobs as yours will have to down size. So keep up the good work MR. Editor.
On July 1, interest rates on federally-subsidized Stafford student loans are set to double from 3.4% to 6.8%. Both Republicans and Democrats are set to try to cut a deal to keep interest rates low for college graduates at a cost of $6 billion per year.
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 38 minutes ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? Jeff Dunetz 2 hours ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 3 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 3 hours ago